We take great pride in the work we do and hold the belief that, although many contractors can provide the same services as we do, how we go about getting things done is what truly sets us apart.
At JBS, every project and client circumstance is unique and is treated as such. We take special care to factor in our client’s unique life circumstances into our planning and execution process, to ensure that how we go about executing is always in line with our client’s needs.
We strive to deliver a stress-free building service and constantly endeavor to identify all the points of friction in the process and eliminate as much of the stress as possible for all parties involved.
At JBS, we provide more than just building services, we provide a building service experience, that is unique to our brand.
Our purpose is to help build, renovate and maintain the structures that help families, businesses, and communities to thrive. We are driven by a higher purpose of conscious leadership, which guides every decision we make and action we take.
JBS has established a reliable and effective network of specialist subcontractors and suppliers that are aligned in helping us deliver on all project requirements and complexities.
At JBS Quality is a non-negotiable and is taken very seriously. We procure only SABS approved products with product guarantees and employ suitably competent and skilled tradesmen who ensure correct product applications and compliance with the NHBRC regulations and SANS 10400 building codes.
Regular quality checks are conducted, over the life of the project to mitigate the risk of any bigger issues potentially arising. All jobs have a final quality check and walk through conducted with the client, and any poor quality identified is remedied with urgency.
We are risk-averse and have a zero-tolerance approach to non-compliance. Ensuring a safe working environment for staff and the public is of critical importance and each site is managed as such.
To achieve Health and Safety we:
- Ensure each site has a site-specific safety plan that incorporates method statements, risk assessments, methods to mitigate risk, and a fall protection plan. Systems and procedures are in place to ensure that the plan remains a live system, in that concerns are identified and responsive actions are implemented to alleviate risk and ensure safety.
- All Project Managers and Sub-Contractor Team Leaders are trained and qualified safety representatives who undergo ongoing training in health and safety procedures, first aid, scaffold erection, scaffold inspection etc.
- Monthly site audits are undertaken by an external agency so that the company’s health and safety compliance can be assessed, measured, and areas of improvement identified.
We pride ourselves in the level of care we take to keep all key project stakeholders and especially our clients adequately informed, always being mindful of being overbearing on our client.
Each project is allocated a project handler who manages the client relationship and facilitates the communication between the client and our project team.
Our belief is that once a client of JBS, always a client of JBS! We take utmost care to maintain a good relationship with our existing and past clients. After completion, we check in with clients to ensure they are still happy with what was delivered.
We provide a 1-year workmanship guarantee and will always honor our obligations, and make good on our faults.
JBS Building Co. operates within a culture of conscious leadership. Our business is dedicated to impacting people’s lives through job creation, skills development and community upliftment. While pursuing market success, we aim to give the marginalised and unemployed the opportunities they so desperately need to be able to thrive.
At JBS, clients can feel comfort in knowing that their support is going toward helping a mission to make a positive social impact. Our pledge to develop skills, support youth, adopt innovation and respect sustainability, sets us apart from many others within the construction sector.
Our brand promise is that we will never run away or leave a problem unresolved. We are committed to establishing a lifelong relationship with our clients that are intrinsically built on trust & integrity for having our client’s best interests at heart.
- We are a Level 1 BBBEE Empowering Supplier with 135% Procurement recognition, 100% Black-Owned, and 33.4% Women and Youth Ownership.
- We have a proven track record of successful projects with reputable clients.
- A one-year workmanship guarantee assures clients we are confident in our services.
- Our proactive Quality Control Management System drives unique customer value.
- Our commitment to social impact not only enriches our team but also builds our community.
- Everything we do is done with the highest standard of ethics and integrity.